Congratulations to Hilton Head Island, recently named one of the 2011 Top Ten Vacation Rental Spots by TripAdvisor, the world’s largest travel site@ Of course, we always knew Hilton Head was a top vacation rental spot, but now, it’s known around the world.
TripAdvisor notes about our island paradise, “A fabulous beach destination for the entire family, Hilton Head offers a relaxing place to escape with miles of pristine sand, 24 top-notch golf courses, upscale shopping and outdoor activities galore.”
It’s all true – plus, there’s more! Here are our top ten reasons to visit Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
1. Hilton Head Island is known as the most family-friendly destination in the world. The popular search engine Bing recently named Hilton Head one of the top ten family beaches. Why? Because Hilton Head Island is known as a vacation destination for the young and young-at-heart, with family friendly beaches waiting for sand castle construction to begin each morning, ocean waves just the right size for a silly splash, mini golf, a children’s museum, the Coastal Discovery Museum, special kids’ camps and more!
Book your Hilton Head beach house now, and you’re on your way to a vacation that will make everyone in the family happy!
2. You’ll never run out of things to do (never). Boogie boarding? Yes. Sailing? Yes. Surf fishing and crabbing? Yes, yes, yes. Whether you’re into scuba diving, mini golf, parasailing, horseback riding, tennis, kayaking or biking on our perfectly hard-packed sand, there is no limit to the things to do on Hilton Head Island.
Don’t forget to get your picture taken in front of the iconic Harbour Town Lighthouse, and if you’re a golfer, you’ve definitely come to the right place! Hilton Head Island boasts 25 golf courses designed by the game’s most-renowned architects. Hilton Head Island is also the birthplace of one of the most popular and prestigious PGA Tour events, The Heritage, played each spring right here on the island.
3. It’s environmentally conscious. Starting with Hilton Head Island developer Charles Frazer in the 1950s, Hilton Head Island became an environmentally-planned resort community with a style and an environmentally conscious eye that has been emulated by resort communities around the world.
4. Did someone say seafood? South Carolina’s Lowcountry reputation for good food does not disappoint. From fresh-caught fish, to high cotton crabcakes, or a Saturday night shrimp boil, the selections from the menus of Hilton Head Island restaurants will make your mouth water.
Don’t like seafood? Don’t worry! Steakhouses, Italian and French restaurants, All-American – they’re all here on Hilton Head, plus many more.
5. Hilton Head is art smart. Hilton Head Island may be small, but it attracts many big name performers and artists as its community of culture continues to flourish. Whether your interest lies in fine art or incredible music or theatre, the best and the brightest shine at island venues such as the Arts Center of Coastal Carolina, Hilton Head Playhouse and Repertory Theatre.
Lend your ear to the Hilton Head Orchestra while you’re here, too! And if you arrive on the island in May, you’re in luck! More than 25 culturally-rich groups and organizations come together for a month-long not-to-be-missed festival of the arts.
6. Beaches, beaches, beaches! An island vacation is a getaway like no other, and Hilton Head features 12 miles of some of the East Coast’s most beautiful beaches for you to sink your toes in. Grab your sand chairs, a beach bucket, a towel and a cooler of your favorite drinks, and you’ve got a perfect day in store!
7. We’ve made history. From its Native American roots to a rich Civil War and Southern plantation history through to its modern-day development, you’ll discover a unique story of history and heritage that will draw you even closer to the island. Stop by area museums such as the Heyward House Historic Center to get a true taste of Hilton Head Island’s local flavor.
8. You can shop til’ you drop (or you just get tired and want to go back to your beach chair). Hilton Head, SC shopping is simply phenomenal with more than 200 shops. From unique boutiques to art galleries to the mall, we’ve got spending time covered. And in nearby Bluffton, you’ll find outlet malls – a shopper’s paradise!
9. We’ve got staying power. The diversity of accommodations on Hilton Head Island is extraordinary. Whether you’re looking for a beach resort, a Hilton Head Island oceanfront beach house or a cozy Hilton Head villa, you’ll be delighted in the quality of accommodations.
10. Time to relax. Deadlines… schmeadlines. Work related stress? Not on our watch, mister! Your priority once you drive across the bridge and areisland time is to sit a spell, take an afternoon nap, unfold your beach chair and watch the sun set over the ocean. The only pressure you should feel on your Hilton Head vacation is to find a perfect sand dollar or be the first one to spot a dolphin playing in the morning surf.
Ready for your perfect Hilton Head Island beach vacation? Let’s get started! Hilton Head Vacation Rentals and Coastal Home & Villa Rentals is one of the most-trusted and largest locally-owned rental management companies on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. We welcome you to read some of our guest testimonials.
Browse our fabulous vacation rentals or call us today at 1- 800-BEACHME, and join the generations of vacationers that plan their perfect Hilton Head Island getaway through us. Click here to find Hilton Head Vacation Rentals on Facebook!